BCFD Equity Statistics
The Baltimore City Fire Department (BCFD) has a rich history dating back to the late 1800s. Throughout the years, the recruiting and hiring minorities and women has been progressive and continues to be an on-going process.
For promotional tracking and data collection, BCFD has made the following available to better understand and manage diversity and inclusion within BCFD:
- Baltimore City Fire Sworn Members (Fire Suppression & EMS) – The data collected displays demographics within BCFD. The data is qualitative break down of race, gender and minorities.
- Identifies Sworn BCFD Members' City Residency – Demographics collected to provide the total uniformed members (Chiefs (all), Commanders, Captains, Lieutenants, Inspectors, Firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics) that live in Baltimore City.
- BCFD Supervisors by Rank & Unit/Division – This illustration includes a break down of diversity within BCFD Fire Suppression and EMS. The data includes demographics broken down by race, gender and minorities from 2016-2020.
- BCFD Promotional Exams – Data collected illustrates BCFD members who participated in promotional exams. The table establishes an intentional breakdown of race, gender and minorities, while separating Fire Suppression Lieutenant promotions, Fire Suppression Captain promotions and Fire Suppression Battalion Chiefs.
- BCFD Promotions – Data provides an illustration of the promotions within the department from 2016-2020. Data is broken-down by race, gender and minorities among Fire Suppression and EMS.
- BCFD Disciplinary Action – The data collected illustrates a cumulative total of suspensions and disciplinary charges among sworn members. The data was collected from 2016-2020 and is separated by those sworn members who paid and unpaid during their disciplinary actions.
- Baltimore City Fire Recruitment Initiatives – Highlights recruitment initiatives from 2016-2020. The data illustrates the total recruitment events, interest list and community meetings.
- Baltimore City Fire High School Program – Data collected to illustrate diversity and student demographics. The makeup is broken down by students who were: hired, on an EMT/FF or EMT track, and those who resigned from the high school program. The diversity track also provides a cumulative total of high school students.
*Data is updated on a yearly basis.*